See their fares page for detail of current prices.
Sunday, May 31, 2015
Friday, May 29, 2015
Labels: Holiday arrangements
Monday 1 June 2015
Public / Bank Holiday
City BusesBus Éireann and City Direct will run their their standard Sunday and public holiday city services in Galway on Monday 1st June.
Regional BusesMost regional and national public transport services will run their standard Sunday-timetable service on both Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd on June.
- Bus Éireann will run regular regional / national services on Sunday 1st, except that one Dundalk / Galway / return service is cancelled. Details.
- On Monday 3rd, Bus Éireann will operate to a Sunday timetable, but with a number of service alternations (phrased as cancellations and alternative services. See their announcement for details.
- Bus Feda on Sunday and Monday, the normal Sunday service will operate, with some changes - details.
- BusLink will operate their Bank Holiday timetable, including NightLink buses on the evening of Sunday 31st.
TrainsIrish Rail will operate:
- A Sunday service on Sunday 31 May - with two cancellations that affect Galway
- A Monday service on 1 June, with a number of cancellations that affect Galway
See their published timetable for details.
Sunday, May 24, 2015
Also, there is a slight change to the timetable from Killarney, so that passengers can connect with the CityLink express service from Limerick to Dublin airport.
Note: this service was introduced in May 2014, and provides a rapid direct bus service between Killarney town and Galway City. See the Regional Buses - South page for other options.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Labels: Concert transport
The following companies are providing return bus or coach services from Galway:
- Reaneys of Galway
Tickets available from Zhivago/ Ticket Master on Shop Street, or their website. €29.00 euro return. Bus leaving at 8:30am
- Kelly Travel - bus from Ennis, via Gort and Loughea, via Athlone
- Irish Concert Travel - from Galway
Check with the company for timetable, booking and departure / pickup points. Likely departure points include:
For concerts, return services generally leave 30-60 minutes after the concert ends, from the same place where the bus drops you off.
Services from other towns and cities
- Kelly Travel aka Concert-Travel.com - services from
Limerick, via Nenagh, and Roscrea
Tipperary, via Portlaoise and Cashel
Cork City, via Mitchesltown, Cahir
Birr, via Tullamore and Kilbeggan
- Irish Concert Travel - services from
Sligo via Carrick-on-Shannon, Longford, Mullingar;
Donegal, via Ballyshannon and Cavan
Castlebar, via Claremorris, Castlerea, Roscommon and Athlone
- Glen Whelan Travel - from Monastervien, Kildare, Newbridge and Naas
- Bus Éireann - services from Drogheda and Navan.
- Matthews Coach Hire - from Dundalk, via Monasterboice, Drogheda, and Gormanston (City North Hotel)
- Marleys of Portlaoise - are likely to provide a service
- Translink are running bus / coach services from/via Belfast (Foyle Street), via Strabane, Omagh
- Buses to Concerts are providing several services from Belfast, Lisburn, Banbridge & Newry
- Marathon Travel are running a range of services from Dublin City (Georges Quay).
- Dublin Bus are running a shuttle service from Parnell Square West in Dublin city, between 12-noon and 5pm. Buy tickets in advance from their office in Upper O'Connell St, from Sound Cellar in Nassau St, or from Ticketmaster.
- Executive Express are running a service from Bewley's Leopardstown, Newlands Cross and Dublin Airport.
Contact editor@GalwayTransport.info if you know of other services which should be added to this list.