A park-and-ride service will be in place for the Christmas 2015 and New Year 2016 shopping period.
It will operate between:
- Saturday 5 to Thursday 24 December, and
- Monday 28 December to Sunday 3 January
See Galway City Christmas holiday bus services for information about regular city bus services during this period.
- Follow the signs on the major routes into Galway.
- Enter the racecourse from Parkmore Rd beside Galway Technology Park- see the Parkmore Neighbourhood Map for details of this area.
The central city drop-off and pick-up point is to be confirmed - in previous years it has been the Galway coach station. (Point "S" on the regional bus stops map.)
There is no arrangement for cars to be left at Ballybrit overnight: any cars which are left there are at the owner's risk.
Hours of operationBuses run every 15 minutes
- Fom 7am to 9.30pm Monday - Saturday (last departure from Ballybrit at 9:15pm)
- From 11am - 7pm on Sundays (last trip from the Coach Station at 6:45pm)
On Thursday 24 Dec, Christmas Eve, the last bus will leave the city-centre in the early evening - the exact time is to be advised, last year it was 5:30pm.
CostThe flat-fare is €3 per car, This includes all-day parking, and return bus travel for as many passengers, adults or children, as were in the car.
If cars are left at the racecourse overnight, it is entirely at owners risk.