Details of December 2014 public-transport fare increases for Galway have been released by the National Transport Authority.
These fares apply from 1 December 2014, for the 2015 calendar year. Monthly and annual ticket prices are being applied during November for tickets that will be used from December.
The Galway City Bus Fares page will be updated with this information shortly.
Bus Éireann city bus services
Tickets paid for using a Leap card:
- Adult fare stays at €1.60, no increase
- School-child stays at 76c, no increase
- Child fare does down from €0.97 to €0.92, a decrease of 5.17%
Single journey tickets:
- Adult from €1.90 to €2.00, an increase of 5.26%
- School-child from €0.90 to €0.95, an increase of 5.15%
- Child fare stays at €1.15 to €1.15, an increase of 0%
- Adult from €4.10 to €4.20, an increase of 2.44%.
If loaded onto a Leap card (ie purchased from a Payzone shop) then they are valid for 24 hours from the time of purchase.
Day-passes purchased from the driver are only valid for the calendar day.
- There are no day-passes for children or students.
- Adult stays at €20.20, no increase
- Student from €17.80 to €18.20, an increase of 2.25%
- Child from €8.20 to €8.30, an increase of 1.22%
- Adult from €65.50 to €69.50, ie an increase of 6.11%
- Student from €56.50 to €57.60, an increase of 1.95%
- Child from €30.00 to €30.60, an increase of 2.00%
Annual tickets (including Tax-saver)
- Adult: from €720.00 to €764.50 an increase of 6.18%
There are no annual student or child fares.