Details of December 2013 public-transport fare increases for Galway have been released by the National Transport Authority.
These fares apply from 1 December 2013 - though monthly and annual ticket prices are being applied in November for tickets for use from December.
The Galway City Bus Fares page will be updated with this information shortly.
Bus Éireann city bus services
Single journey tickets:
- Adult from €1.80 to €1.90, an increase of 5.56%
- School-child from €0.85 to €0.90, an increase of 5.88%
- Child fare increases from €1.10 to €1.15, an increase of 4.55%
DayPasses are not subsidised, so their pricing is not approved by the National Transport Authority. They are likely to increase - the amount is to be advised.
- Adult from €19.00 to €20.20, an increase of 6.32%
- Student from €17.30 to €17.80, an increase of 2.89%
- Child from €7.70 to €8.20, an increase of 6.49%
- Adult from €61.50 to €65.50, ie an increase of 6.5%
- Student from €53.00 to €56.50, an increase of 6.6%
- Child from €29.00 to €31.00, an increase of 6.90%
Annual tickets (including Tax-saver)
- Adult: from €676.50 to €720.50 an increase of 6.50%
(There are no annual student or child fares)
Bus Éireann regional and commuter buses
Fares on these services are also increasing: the amount depends on the distance travelled, but is between 5% and 7%.