Details of December 2012 public-transport fare increases for Galway have been released by the National Transport Authority.
These fares may apply from 1 December 2012 - though some may be applied from a later date.
Bus Éireann city bus services
- City fares increase by 10c to €1.80.
- Potential fare of 12+ zones, increasing by 10c to €2.10 - this has not previously applied in Galway - not yet clear if it applies on any cross-city routes introduced during 2012.
- School-child city fare increases by 5c to €0.85.
- Child (0-11 years) city fare increases by 5c to €1.10
- Child (12+ years) city fare increases by 10c to €1.40 (this far has not previously been advertised in Galway - not clear if it is being introduced here)
- Adult - increase by €1 to €19
- Student - increase by €1 to €17.30
- Child - increase by 40c to €7.70
Monthly ticket price increases were announced earlier.
DayPasses are not subsidised, so their pricing is not approved by the National Transport Authority. They are likely to increase - the amount is to be advised.
The Galway City Bus Fares page will be updated with this information shortly
Bus Éireann regional and commuter buses
Fares on these services are also increasing: the amount depends on the distance travelled, but is approximately 6%.