Sunday, December 18, 2016
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
It will operate from Saturday 3 December until Saturday 24 December inclusive, and is being operated by Bus Éireann on behalf of Galway City Council.
Thursday, November 3, 2016
These fares apply from 1 December 2016, for the 2017 calendar year.
Monthly and annual ticket prices will be applied during November for tickets that will be used from December.
The Galway City Bus Fares page will be updated with this information shortly.
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- There is a new 2:45am service from Galway Coach Station to Dublin Airport: this is a direct service with a journey time of 2.5 hours.
- The 3:45am coach from Galway Coach Station to Dublin Airport is cancelled
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Thursday, September 1, 2016
- Express and Eagleair.com coaches will leave from Zone 14
- Multi-stop / commuter services will leave from Zone 13.
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
This bus leaves from bus stop 3 in Eyre Square, and goes via Francis St, the Cathedral, UHG front entrance, NUIG, Shantalla, Salthill, Knocknacarra Road, Joyces 365, Clybaun Rd, Western Distributor Rd and Cappagh Rd.
A map of the bus-route is available here.
This is totally separate from route 410 - Oranmore which was cancelled in May 2016.
Sunday, July 24, 2016
Labels: Galway Races
The Galway Races Summer Meeting is from Monday 25 July - Sunday 31 July 2016.
This is a summary of the public transport and traffic-management plans.
- Bus Éireann special races shuttle buses will run from Eyre Square.
- Regional companies are running special services from Athenry, Oranmore and Roscommon (via the N63) to Ballybrit,
- The Athenry Night-link service runs Wednesday-Sunday nights.
- Hotels are co-ordinating shuttle services from Loughrea and Claregalway.
- The route 409 - Parkmore and route 403 - Ballybrit city buses go to the racecourse (Avenue entrance). But there are restrictions during peak racing traffic hours Mon - Fri.
- There are some changes to regular regional buses during race week and the next week.
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Thursday, June 2, 2016
Labels: Holiday arrangements
Public / Bank Holiday
City BusesBus Éireann and City Direct will run their their standard Sunday and public holiday city services in Galway on Monday 6th June.
Regional BusesMost regional and national public transport services will run their standard Sunday-timetable service on both Sunday 5th and Monday 6th of June 2016.
- Bus Éireann has one Galway area cancellation on Sunday 5th (a Dundalk / Galway / return service). Details.
- Bus Éireann will operate to a Sunday timetable on Monday 6th, but with a number of changes. See their announcement for details.
- Bus Feda (Donegal) have not made an announcement yet. But on previous public holidays, they have had a reduced Sunday service on both Sunday and Monday. Watch their Facebook page for more details.
- BusLink (Athnery) have regular Bank Holiday alterations in their timetable: In short, no 7am, 8am or 10am bus from Athenry, No 9am, 11am or 5:10pm bus from Galway, NiteLink service runs on Sunday night as well as Saturday.
TrainsIrish Rail will operate:
- A Sunday service on Sunday - with two cancellations that affect Galway
- A Monday service on Monday - with a number of changes that affect Galway
See their published June bank holiday timetable for details.
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
- Five services each way will stop at Shannon Airport - this will happen year round,not just in summer as it did in 2015.
- There are new early-morning services (from Galway at 5am and 8am, and from Limerick at 6:45am) - this makes it possible to travel from Galway City to Shannon for morning flights.
- The service from Galway is now hourly between 8am and 7pm (previously was between 9am and 6pm).
- There is a new late evening bus to Galway (9:35pm ex Limerick).
The new timetable for the the X51 service is available here.
See Galway Regional buses for details off all services to/from Galway.
See Galway airport connections for information about all services to/from airports.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
The new bus terminal will be outside the Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE - previously HP, Compaq, Digital) building in Ballybrit, where a bus-shelter is available.
Buses from the city will stop at the bus-stop at the entrance to the industrial estate on request.
Monday, May 9, 2016
These will apply between Sunday 15 May - Saturday 29 October 2016.
- The same timetable will operate 7 days a week (ie no reduced services on Sundays).
- The summer timetable is now extended by one month until the end of October (it ended in September in 2015).
The full timetable for summer 2016 can be found here.
See Regional buses - South for details of other bus services in this area.
For reference, the previous timeable (applies until 14 May 2016) can be see here.
Thursday, May 5, 2016
See travelling between Galway and Killarney for other options for making this journey.
Friday, March 25, 2016
- On Monday - Friday, between 7am and 7pm, there will be a bus every 12 minutes (on the hour an and at 12, 24, 36 and 48 minutes past. This is an increase from once every 15 minutes.
- On Saturdays, between 7am and 9am there will be a bus every 20 minutes (on the hour, 20 past and 20 to). This is a increase from once every 30 minutes.
- On Monday-Saturday in the evening, between 7pm and 11pm there will be a bus every 20 minutes (on the hour, 20 past and 20 to) This is a increase from once every 30 minutes. The last bus from Eyre Square will still be at 11:30pm.
- On Sundays, between 12-noon and 7pm there will be a bus every 20 minutes (on the hour, 20 past and 20 to) This is a increase from once every 30 minutes.
- On Sundays, between 7pm and 11:30pm there will be a bus every 30 minutes (on the hour and 30 minutes past) This is a increase from once every hour.
There are no changes to the existing timetable during times not listed, ie Saturday 9am-7-pm and Sunday 9am - 12-noon.
The Mon-Fri 6:30am service from Eyre Square to Parkmore via Ballybrit Industrial Estate (Boston Scientific) is unchanged.
Good Friday (the 25th) is a bank holiday but not a public holiday in the Republic of Ireland: most public-transport run normal services, with a few exceptions. However all pubs, hotel bars and off-licenses are closed, all banks and many publc services (eg post-office) are closed, and some other companies treat the day as a "bank holiday".
Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday are not public holidays: usual Sat / Sun timetables generally apply.
Easter Monday is a public holiday, and in most cases Sunday services will be run.
Information from specific bus and train companies is summarised below. Always confirm details with the company.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Labels: St Patrick's Day
Most public transport services will run a Sunday timetable.
Most towns and cities will have a parade around lunchtime or in the early afternoon: morning public transport services are likely to be busy due to this.
Galway City Bus servicesBus Éireann will run according to the
Friday, March 11, 2016
March 2016. These include a number of changes to north-Galway regional services:
Route 432: Galway – CongNo changes to services, but all buses on this route will be renumbered as Route 456.
Route 440: Galway – Cong
- The 12:15pm service from Westport to IWAK will leave 10 minutes earlier, arriving at
- Knock Airport (IWAK) at 1:15pm
- The 2:45pm service from Knock Airport (IWAK) to Westport will leave 15 minutes later.
Route 456: Galway – Ballinrobe – Westport – Castlebar – Ballina
There will be time changes to some services to provide to better coordinated services:
- The Route 66 8:50am Westport to Ballina service will become a Route 456 journey.
- The 8:05 Galway to Ballina service will travel via Westport every day
- The 1:45pm service from Galway will now leave at 1pm
- Journey times on some buses have been revised to reflect actual travel times more accurately.
Saturday, January 2, 2016
Instead, all services will travel directly between Athenry and Galway city (with morning / evening services stopping at Mervue, Ballybane and Parkmore industrial estates as usual).
The adjusted timetable is available here.